Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to Discovery of the Bands!  In this blog, you will be going on a music journey with me.  Not long ago, I was on youtube.  I went to a video of a song I listened to quite often and when it was over, I decided to click on a random song that was on my sugesstions list.  I decided this was an excellent way to discover new music and new bands.  I thought it would be a good idea to take some of you on that journey with me.  I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for new music to listen to.  So, the blog will pretty much run like this.  I will have a featured band every week or so.  I will give a little bit of info aout the band, and then post a video to a new song every other day or so.  Some of them you may have already heard of, some of them you may not.  There will be a few well known bands and some not so well known.  Some of these bands may not be top of my favorite list, but I plan on posting them anyway because one of you out there may likie them.  I'd like to think that there are a few people out there (at least in the future of the blog) that might not have ever heard them otherwise.  I do have one request.  Please no hate about ANY of the bands I post.  You may not like some of the bands I post and I respect that.  I even don't mind replies such as "I really don't like this band" or even "They suck!"  As long as you're semi-polite about it and you don't say that I or anyone else sucks for liking a certain band, then we're cool.  Everyone has different tastes.

I also hope to be posting some music news.  New albums and tour dates, new bands arriving on the scene and videos from unsigned bands.  That way we get more than just one band a week.  Anyway, I've talked enough for one post.  This week's band will be Her Bright Skies.  And I actually thing I'll give them through next week since I'm getting such a late start with them.  Look for that post later today.  I'll end with a little bit of music news so this long post won't seem pointless.


(photo by Hoeg)


Panic! At the Disco is doing a European tour next year.  Tickets go on sale December 18th (today)!



28-Apr - Tilburg, Netherlands @ The 013 (10am local)
29-Apr - Antwerp, Belgieum @ Trix (10am local)
1-May - Berlin, Germany @ Astra (10am local)
2-May - Dusseldorf, Germany @ Stahlwerk (10am local)
3-May - Strasbourg, France @ Artefacts at La Laiterie (10am local)
4-May - Paris, France @ Trianon (10am local)
7-May - Glasgow, UK @ Academy (9am local)
8-May - Manchester, UK @ Apollo (9am local)
9-May - London, UK @ Hammersmith Apollo (9am local)
12-May - Dublin, Ireland @ Olympia Theatre (9am local)
13-May - Belfast, Ireland @ Mandela Hall (9am local)




They are also doing a US tour early next year.  It looks like most shows are already sold out so if you're near one that's not, get your tickets soon!

^ w/ The Colourist ** w/ X Ambassadors 1/14/14 - Seattle, WA @ Showbox SoDo (SOLD OUT)^**
1/15/14 - Vancouver, BC @ Commodore ^**
1/17/14 - Salt Lake City, UT @ In the Venue ^**
1/18/14 - Denver, CO @ Ogden (SOLD OUT)^**
1/19/14 - Kansas City, MO @ Uptown ^**
1/21/14 - Minneapolis, MN @ Skyway Theatre ^**
1/22/14 - St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant (SOLD OUT)^**
1/24/14 - Columbus, OH @ LC Pavilion (SOLD OUT)^**
1/25/14 - Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart’s (SOLD OUT)^**
1/26/14 - Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues (SOLD OUT)^**
1/28/14 - Washington, DC @ The Fillmore (SOLD OUT)^**
1/29/14 - Wallingford, CT @ The Dome ^**
1/30/14 - Boston, MA @ House of Blues (SOLD OUT)^**
1/31/14 - Montreal, QC @ Metropolis ^**
2/1/14 - Toronto, ON @ Sound Academy **
2/4/14 - New York, NY @ Roseland (SOLD OUT)^**
2/5/14 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory (SOLD OUT)^**
2/7/14 - Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle (SOLD OUT)^
2/8/14 - Miami, FL @ Fillmore ^
2/9/14 - Orlando, FL @ House of Blues (SOLD OUT)^
2/11/14 - Houston, TX @ House of Blues ^
2/12/14 - Austin, TX @ Emo’s ^
2/14/14 - Phoenix, AZ @ Marquee ^
2/15/14 - Oakland, CA @ Fox Theatre ^**
2/16/14 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern (SOLD OUT)^**


All info and pics came from Panic! at the Disco  

No comments:

Post a Comment